Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1982 carb rebuild

Those pictures aren`t of older models,but Hitachi carbs that were used before and after 82.You are lucky enough to have a Carter/Weber used on some 82-84s.

No kits anymore AFAIK,but,individual parts are available from the dealer,I believe.

If you do take it off,be sure to check the screws that hold the throttle body section to the float bowl section for tightness.

its always my luck to buy something hard to find parts for, i took it apart 6 months ago, but ive learned quite a bit about carbs so im going to try and see if i can make her run this time. I plan on this being my daily a dumptruck ran a stop light and totaled my 08 dodge dually that i paid off that day. Yes it does have the third eye, plaid interior, and t tops...dang

IMG_20110719_231843.jpg

IMG_20110719_231837.jpg

IMG_20110719_231103.jpg

IMG_20110719_224847.jpg

IMG_20110719_211824.jpg

what would i need to do to make it fuel injected?

http://www.leoneturbo.com/docs/EA81_SPI_guide.pdf

Thanks to GD, there is no other way to go, especially since youll have to swap manifolds for any other bolt on options anyways. I tried several custom and bolt on carbs none compare. Dont waiste time or $$$ on carbs for these... SPFI