Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ea81 crankcase ventilation

83 gl a/t.

I've been experiencing substantial blowback from the passenger side vent hose of the air intake. I noticed a loud noise when I remove the driver side vent hose from the air breather, at idle. Changed pcv.valve and noise was eliminated,but still blowback! what should I look into next?

also ea81 oil pump, is it a machine seal between the plate and the pump or should I have a gasket between the pump and the plate? I changed the gasket between the engine block and plate but still leaks roughly a quart a week.

I will post pics in the a.m

i did and these are the readings. 165lb #1cyl, 150lb #2cyl, 155lb#3 cyl, 135lb #4 cyl.

i guess that is a big difference, but is that problem capable of completely plugging my air filter within a week? ive gone through two air filters in three months, both completely oiled. i swapped the pcv valve threw in a new filter same problem. so you think it may be the rings? taking the oil that passes the rings and forces it into the valve cover on compression stroke?

am i on the right track