Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No lift on 87 GL, 205/65/R15's on alloy Pugs?

ghost

Will they fit?? :D Im bouncing around ideas for what im keeping and selling car wise. I need some tires on my GL and I have this lovely set of flat spoke Pugs sitting here. I ALSO have a nice mint set of General Altimax tires in 205/65/R15 size that id love to put on it.

Anyone have input? I thought i saw someone with this exact size combo before but i now cant find it... Ill keep searching but if anyone can chime in, let me know! THanks

They'll most definitely rub. I have 205/75/14, which is only 1/2" bigger (mathematically, at least). And with a 2" lift I had just minor rubbing issues. Stock height you might be able to go straight as long as you don't hit any bumps...

Hmm. So no go on the 205's. I DID just find some 195/60/R15s in the yard i forgot i had. Yes, i literally forgot i had them... I gotta go get them checked to see if they'll pass inspection, one is kinda low for tread but the others seem alright.

Hmm. So no go on the 205's. I DID just find some 195/60/R15s in the yard i forgot i had. Yes, i literally forgot i had them... I gotta go get them checked to see if they'll pass inspection, one is kinda low for tread but the others seem alright.

Some junkyards have tire deals...

We bought 4 tires for our legacy, 185/70/14 buy 3 get 4th free

So 50 and they all had 80+% tread

I would do that or not run in 4WD and get a new tire and put it on the back... I have 3 Metric SE-H and 1 other one... but I dont run in 4WD unless Im in deep mud :lol:

You shouldn't use 4wd unless you're on gravel, dirt, mud, snow, sand, ice, etc anyway.

Although, if you have nicely matched tires you can use it in heavy rain on the highway. And it improves handling.

I dont even use mine unless its more than a couple inches thick so I dont screw anything up :headbang: