Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I heard of a guy in albany oregon who does ea to ej swaps...

85wagon

I'll drive to Portland no problem to get it done right, my biggest thing is having a resealed motor put in and of course price, I'd like to also get it done as soon as possible.

How much are you thinking this will cost you?

It's not unusual to spend $2500 on an EJ swap when you are having the work done and you want the engine fully resealed, properly wired, etc. There's easily $1500 in parts - low mileage engine, wiring harness and stripping, adaptor plate and drilled flywheel, fuel pump, radiator modifications, radiator fans, etc, etc.

Just depends on how much you want to do yourself and how much you want to shop around. Quality used engines aren't cheap. Sure you can get one with 250k on it that burns oil and looks like a BBQ pit inside for $200 from your neighbor's friend's uncle.... but in the scheme of things is that really what you wanted?

GD

thats was about what I was thinking, I can get the motor and reseal it myself, and supply you with a good wiring harness that goes with the motor, and I can also supply the adaptor plate and drilled flywheel, fuel pump, radiator, radiator fans, clutch kit, and whatever else I just don't have a place or tools to do the actual swap, I can even have the motor out of my car and rent a flatbed to bring it up to you. The whole point of me doing this is, I love subarus I started as a subaru specialty's shop hand at 16 and did that for 4 or 5 years on and off. I use this car for everything, deer, elk and duck hunting, I have a drift boat I pull with it, and I'd like to own a small travel trailer some day soon that I can pull it with. I'm not a hack it kinda guy and from what I've read you don't seem to be one either, I have the money to do this right now, and its very very important for me to have it done right. so let me know a where abouts of what it would cost to have you rebuild the wiring harness and install the motor and shoot high rather than low. Thank you sincerely for your help and your time with helping me figure this out.