Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Milwaukee junkyards and machine shops

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Subie junkyard in the Milwaukee area? A self-serve yard would be great, but I can't seem to find one. Also, any preferred machine shops for things like heads and cylinder bores? Thanks!

There is a junkyard on 94 east just before acing, "Sturtevant Auto Salvage" they will let you pull your own part. There is an Al's junkyard on the southside, but i have never been there. Tom and scott have been there, and they are members of this forum.

there is a machine shop on north ave @ 19th st, I have taken heads there to be planed, and a flywheel to be turned. Price it right. The store front says "Mr. Otto Partz'.

what part of milwaukee are you in? We have a local subar club so to speak, at least a few of us in town that are enthusiasts.

Welcome!

What parts are you looking for I still have a hoard of older subaru parts, maybe i might have something for you.

Al's in Franklin is a crap shoot for newer Subarus, and nothing for old Subarus (Like any junkyard)

Sturtevant is a good idea, they have a few Imprezas and Outbacks time to time, they were sitting on two '01-03 Outbacks a few weeks ago (Now gone) They also have 3 first gen Foresters as of right now.

Recently, I stopped in to Automotive Engine Rebuilders on 1604 Arcadian Waukesha and asked them about regrinding heads. I don't know anything about machine shops, but they sure had all the right answers and seemed very competent. Questions:

1. Yes they have done Subaru and other aluminum heads

2. They had a price, $125, off the top of their head indicating that the first answer was true.

3. They provide a surface finish 30 RMS

Of course I don't know if they are competitive, but this is one area where I wouldn't probably take the low bid.

Automotive Engine Rebuilders on Arcadian is a good shop, my neighbor has his bottom end redone on his V6 4-Runner. Couldn't hurt to ask them some Qs.

Recently, I stopped in to Automotive Engine Rebuilders on 1604 Arcadian Waukesha and asked them about regrinding heads. I don't know anything about machine shops, but they sure had all the right answers and seemed very competent. Questions:

1. Yes they have done Subaru and other aluminum heads

2. They had a price, $125, off the top of their head indicating that the first answer was true.

3. They provide a surface finish 30 RMS

Of course I don't know if they are competitive, but this is one area where I wouldn't probably take the low bid.

Dang, a big city like Milwaukee and you have to drive to Racine for a u-pull-it! Still, better than nothing. Thanks for the suggestions. I've since heard more good things about Arcadian and also Borchardt Speed and Automotive on the south side.

Miles - I'm up on the north side, but only temporarily. I sort of split my time up between here and New Mexico (often driving back and forth in my '93 Legacy LS). Great to hear that there's some guys here that know what's up!

(Yeah, the Brewers should have a great team now that they know they can dope up and not get in trouble)