Ultimate Subaru Message Board

5 hours ago, 1197sts said:

Sorry for the lack of clarity in this picture, its hard to get a good pic in that area. From what I can tell this is where the upper link attaches to the rear arm.

00-04 outbacks are the same in this regard, here's a diagram which should show the hardware you'll need as well - bolts/washer/nut which often need cut off. 

https://parts.subaru.com/showAssembly.aspx?makeName=subaru&modelYear=2003&modelName=legacy25l-at-4wdoutback-wagon&ukey_assembly=6029084&ukey_category=54106&assembly=b12-201-02

I replaced the left and right upper links and it improved the ride quite a bit, on the right link the outside mount was quite worn, on the left it was the inside. I am attaching a picture of the left link and a closeup of the worn mount. This job was easier than I anticipated with the wheel removed you don't even have to crawl under the car. 1660253286_leftupperlink.thumb.jpg.f23f55a0758c2ba6e133c3560cd2e8ba.jpg

left upper link close up.jpg