Ultimate Subaru Message Board

UK GLF owner on tour

Hello subaru fans :)

I'm one of the very few owners of a early 80's left subaru in the UK.

Subaru were not very popular in the UK back than. Most were owned by farmers and got wreaked /rotted out very quickly.(8-10 years)

My model is a 1984 1600 GLF saloon (sedan) 4 door 5 speed FWD in Gold.

I'd post some photos if i knew how to.:confused:

I'm visiting my brother in San francisco in about 6 weeks time and would like to know of any scrap/breakers yard in the area, likely to be wreaking subaru's of that era.

I'm looking mainly for doors (Front passenger) and twin headlight bits.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Wes

Welcome! Thats pretty cool about the GLF, there weren't a whole lot of GLF models in the states, so having one in the UK must be right proper!

As for posting pictures, you can open a free Photobucket account, or any photo hosting site, and then upload your photos from the PC, and then copy and paste the IMG code in the text box while replying, your photo will then show up after you post the new comment.

Cheers,

-Tom

Ok. Here goes -

p1010001-1.jpg

I got it about 3 months ago and its been off the road since 2006. It needs a fair bit of work to get it back on the road. Mainly welding around the rear arches and front floor.Engine is very good ,only 53 thousand on the clock. The clutch was seized on,which i have now removed and sourced a genuine subaru replacement.

p1010001-1.jpg

Its one of two Gen2 saloons left in the Uk that i know of and i think the other one is also off the road at the moment.

There are also a couple of hatchbacks and estates and about 500-1000 pick ups still about. As for Gen1's over here,i think you could count them with one hand.

Wow, thats really clean. At least to me since I live in the Salt Belt where everything rots.

I love the lines on these Saloons, has similarities to that of a BMW 320i and 2002.

I'll be watching this thread!

-Tom

x2 on this! pretty clean (and rare!) GLF. hell, my 91 has 5x the rot that has :lol: mine's so rotted, before i welded the holes up, it would pour water in the rear wheel wells, flow down to the floor boards and out of the hole at the base of the B pillar.

the way i see it, it looks pretty good :D