Ultimate Subaru Message Board

conversion to weber carb, how too!!?

• 1 month later...

I really Believe that you must Check How are the Jettings in the Carb Right Now, Before installing it; because the Weber that you obtained, was Jetted for another Car's engine...

However, the Main Jets on the Weber Conversion Kit from Redline, Designed to be used on the EA82 engine, comes with Both Jets as 140 (Same Low & High) but I Switched the High one to 162 after Many Tests.

I Drive between the Sea Level and 3,000 Feet around without issues, I Believe that you Might use the Weber with Both 140 or Less due to more Higher Altitudes.

Kind Regards.

ya right now the fuel jets are both 140 with 170, and 190 air corrector jets, and the idle jets are fifty i think i might bump the secondary fuel up to 145 and run like 200 and 210 air corrector jets. but im not sure. how much timing are your running base, and did you change your mechanical advance at all?

thanks

It would probably be beneficial to post make a sticky showing the procedure.. many of the old threads merely reference the other threads or have pictures that are broken links. The USMB guide isnt bad but the pictures arent close enough/detailed enough. Just my 2 cents..

I Changed the Vacuum Advance with a Single Port One, and my BumbleBeast Runs with the Ignition Timing at 20º.

It would probably be beneficial to post make a sticky showing the procedure...

Here it is: ~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=74206

Full of Fully Working Photos and Explained Procedures.

I Hope that could Help.

Kind Regards.

ok so what is your whole jet set up, i know your running 140, and 162 fuel jets, but what about the air correctors and idle jets. im asking because im going to use your set up but change if for my elevation requirements.

thanks

Could I Ask you Why don't you Try to Drive the Car with the Weber Swap done First and Then, you'll Notice if the Carb will (or Not) Need any correction?

Kind Regards.

because it is easier in my mind to take all the information i know (what other people have it jetted at, stock jetting, and the craptachi jetting) and make an educated guess as where to start.

right now i have it jetted: primary idle 55, secondary idle 45, primary air corrector 180, secondary 190, primary fuel 40, secondary fuel 45. i would run a bigger secondary fuel jet but that is the biggest one i get with my jet kit

also what is the best way to seal that coolant passage on the intake?

After Reading this, I Hardly Believe that you Really READED it...

I Used Aluminium Welding to Fill the Water Passage, as that thread Describes that plenty of Pictures, but you can use whatever you Want, like JB Weld, made a Thread in the Tiny opening and insert a Screw then cuttin' its head to close it, etc...

Kind Regards.

• 3 years later...

why is the fuel return line from the float bowl to the tank smaller than the fuel in line?

The idea is to maintain the proper fuel Pressure at the Carburetor, otherwise, the fuel will return to the Tank, faster than the amount needed by the Carburetor, during deep accelerations...

i just modified the hitatchi linkage, ill post pics when im all done

so, where are the Photos?

Kind Regards.