Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i can never remember so i don't say any more. i got wrong too many times.

turns out that 92 is with 93 - 94, not 90 - 91.

from josh's post , legacy central, first gen ratios.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=32148

1990-1994 FWD non-turbo AT & MT Legacy

3.70 Final Drive Ratio

1990-1991 AWD non-turbo AT & MT Legacy

4.111 Final Drive Ratio

1992-1994 AWD non-turbo AT Legacy

3.90 Final Drive Ratio

1992-1994 AWD non-turbo MT Legacy

4.111 Final Drive Ratio

1991-1994 AWD turbo AT & MT Legacy

3.90 Final Drive Ratio

NOTE: The 1991 MY Turbo Legacy was the ONLY year that got the rear VLSD differential. All other years for the turbo legacy received the open rear differential

Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru

1990 Legacy (AWD, 5MT, & EJ22T Swap)

1997 Impreza OBS

now i remember where i read the 3.7 ratio stuff. Edited by johnceggleston

Thanks posting that link John! I was assuming I got a 3.454 trans for my 95 fwd reject car, but going by that info it will have a 3.7 since it came from a 92 legacy IIRC. Nice to know since I could never really find any sure info about the fdrs in the early fwd trans. FSM for 95 Legacy says 3.454, so I just went with that.

Thanks posting that link John! I was assuming I got a 3.454 trans for my 95 fwd reject car, but going by that info it will have a 3.7 since it came from a 92 legacy IIRC. Nice to know since I could never really find any sure info about the fdrs in the early fwd trans. FSM for 95 Legacy says 3.454, so I just went with that.

i don't doubt josh's info. he knows his stuff, but when i looked for the ring and pinion for an ej22 FWD on opposed forces (''train'' section), it showed 3.54 for the manual and 3.9 for the auto. but opposed forces does not go all the way back to 1990.

so i don't really know. and i'm pretty sure josh does.

but in the end, the ratio does not matter since it is a FWD trans. it is what it is and if it runs ..........

i know this post has pushed towards diff ratio tranmission issues but im curiuos. I think i know the answer but arent the flywheel bolts for the m/t longer than the flex plate bolts of the auto? When i got my trans swap i didnt have time to get the pressure plate or flywheel bolts due to them closing.

Edited by Recian

Ill do that. This may seem off topic but since ive been trying to swap mine to 5 speed theres a device in the brakes that runs to the release fork. I took it and all the brake lines but it seems theres only 3 outs on the master cylinder on the m/t and 4 outs on my auto master. After hooking it up the rear lower out is empty.

That's the hillholder. Not needed to do with the MT swap, but since you got it........hey hook it up.

On an automatic car, you've got 4 lines....one out to each wheel.

But on a manual, the hillholder act's as a splitter for one of the brake circuits. So on an MT vehichle, the master has 2 lines out directly to wheels, and the 3rd goes to the holder, then splits out to the other 2.

If you got everything from the donor brake setup, you can just plug the extra hole in your master. Just make sure in the end you've got lines running to all 4 wheels.

Thats what i had planned to just plug it. Theres nowhere else the 4th master cylinder outlet could go. The circuit is closed with all 4 wheels hooked up. The one rear outlet on the master goes into the hill honder then out to the LF and over to the 4 lead splitter on the pass. Side