Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gave up searching...

After searching for hours for a clue to what this part is, I decided to try uploading a pic and hoping someone could tell me what it is, and how it is to hooked up = /

1991 Loyale SPFI 5sp.

Any help is appreciated.

post-19417-136027656419_thumb.jpg

It's your vacuum solenoids for your 4wd system, IIRC

don't recall the routing, but it might be on the sticker on your hood

Correct. There's a right and a wrong but essentially it works for the differential lock or 4wd on a pushbutton 4wd Loyale style car.

Hook a vac line source to it and a line down to the trumpet head looking thing on the drivers side of the transmission and press the button/flip the diff lock switch and see if it moves or not. If not switch the vac source and trans ends.

This is a picture of my 94. The two lower nipples (when mounted) are from vaccumm source. The nipple ontop and rear most goes to large vac. Pot on driver side of tranny. I can't see where other line goes but i would guess transfer case. Hope that helps.

Not quite,

There is only one line from a vacuum source, the one coming into the side of the "T"

the 2 lines out of the top (one from each solenoid) run down to the 4wd diaphragm. There is a nipple on either side of the unit, one line pulls, the other pushes....to activate or deactivate the 4wd.