Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have the same spooky issue on my 2000 Outback but it is reverse of yours. Turn off car, get gas and supplies, total time off 10 minutes. Then check oil, it's low. Top it off. Then at work after hours of sitting check oil and it is high. It's like it doesn't drain into the pan very quick. If that the reason then how bad is it while it is running to not have oil return fast enough. I don't get an oil light. I've learned to only check oil after sitting for hours.

I've owned GMs, Hondas, Fords, and 3 Subarus... The Subaru boxer that we know and love seems to be the hardest thing in the world to get an accurate oil reading from, at least in a short amount of time. I've also given up trying to do quicker checks and only bother when the car has been sitting for long periods of time. Otherwise the results are too randomized to be useful.

Reminds me of an old movie Pete 'n' Tillie (1972). OK I'm a geezer.:popcorn:

Anyway, a father and son play a prank on a neighbor who is annoying everyone by bragging about his new car's fuel economy.

Every night, they go out and put more gas in the guy's fuel tank.

Just when the neighbor reaches the ultimate height of pride over his situation, they then begin siphoning off gas until they bring him back to earth.:clap: