Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i need to brain storm the forum i need to find a stronger piston for race buggy i broke a forged wiseco piston at race thiss weekend I thought they whould be the toughest pistons avalible mabee i'm wrong anyone have any ideas what other pistons i could use i was thinking of having some made with only one comp ring to try and get more materail between the rings always fail between the 2nd comp ring and the oil ring the piston is very thin there and weak was running 12 psi boost and 50 wet shot of nitros anyone have some ideas for me and i need one used wisco forged piston for 2.5 sti 09 if anyone just happens to have one

looks better but comparabble to the wisco one i will look into theese i have to do somthing breaks a piston every race i still think that oposed motors may struggle with nitros i dont think they burn even enuff hot spots the piston i havent got the engine apart yet to see how bad it failed has 150 150 145 and 80 on#1 will try and get some pictures of the piston when i get it out thanks gd for the link there may be some vidio on you tube crapanator vs mud shark NWMRA at Quesnell BC

well it has one stock piston one #1 hole so we can compare and see witch one breaks first anyway if there was any doubt about the balance of theese engines 3 of one kind and one of enuther and defanatly not the same wheight runs very smooth seems to be ok was some defanate detanation damage i think that the oposed motor cant handle the nitros the top side ran lean and bottom side ran ritch

... there may be some vidio on you tube crapanator vs mud shark NWMRA at Quesnell BC

Your at 26:00 min.

Wish we could embed on this forum, but I have yet to figure out how, I can on others that are laid out the same, but not this one, who knows.

I found it interesting that the guy filming sounds just like "Red Green" From the Red Green Show, you'll hear him talk at the beginning, then I fast forwarded until I saw your buggy.

Your mud lanes were very shallow and dry from what I could tell.

the vidio dosent do it justice the tough truck i whent to on weekend was way better beat the crap outa her till it wouldent move and fixed it beat it agian no broke pistons and ran nos all weekend well if you guys were wondering about runing mix match pistons seems to hold up dosent even shake or vibrate and thiss engine got pushed hard