Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Non Culpa

Fuel Pressure Regulator Question

Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me if there is a standard Subaru Fuel Pressure Regulator that can adjust fuel pressure up to 45 psi? Regards Non Culpa:horse:

Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me if there is a standard Subaru Fuel Pressure Regulator that can adjust fuel pressure up to 45 psi? Regards Non Culpa:horse:

probably only adjust the stock one with some 'trick' like shimming or replacing a spring or something. Probably sealed up and not practical to alter. probably an aftermarket one is available set at a higher pressure - AEM, Megan Racing, etc.

um - what's wrong with the car?

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan

Nothing wrong with the car, just doing some modifications that require a 45 psi FPR. I have looked at aftermarket FPRs, just thought that there might be a Subaru FPR with higher psi than the one I have at the moment, it's only 36.3 psi.

Nothing wrong with the car, just doing some modifications that require a 45 psi FPR. I have looked at aftermarket FPRs, just thought that there might be a Subaru FPR with higher psi than the one I have at the moment, it's only 36.3 psi.

ah - gotcha.

sry, dunno about STI or other FPR settings.

Thanks 1 Lucky Texan, I am a member of another forum and they have just given me my answer. They tell me that a 2004 Impreza WRX STI and probably many others have the FPR that I require.

I have successfully "crushed" a stock FPR to increase the pressure. This basically pre-loads the internal spring. A couple blocks of wood and a vice, not hard. Do a little at a time and test it until you're at the pressure you want.

Thanks presslab, what a novel idea. I ended up buying an aftermarket FPR, but after we get the beast running I might give your suggestion a try and see how we go. Regards Non Culpa:D