Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'93 Loyale Speaker Problems

Alright guys I have spent hours going through the forums to see what might my problem be and cant figure it out. I recently swapped the old deck out with a newer aftermarked deck and rewired the front speakers to avoid the common ground issue. But since i rewired the speakers, I STILL have no noise coming out of the front speakers. I did check to make sure i hooked up the wires correctly and checked if power is flowing through it when the car is on(which there is power).

So im lost on what it could be. :confused: When wiring the speakers i didnt go all the way to the speaker, i just found the little snap plug that connects the speaker wires to the wires that lead to the deck by the door and just cut there. There was a blue and white wire which leads directly to the speaker in which i used those two wires to go to the deck directly. Are those the right wires i should use? I have never had so much trouble with wiring in a stereo for a car   :banghead: Any one got any ideas on what i can do??

check and see if you have continuity to the speakers, possibly a broken wire or faulty speaker.

I am not sure of your electrical experience so forgive me if you already know this, use a Volt Ohm Meter set to ohms take stereo out and check the resistance of the speaker. it should be between 2ohm and 10 ohm (I think they are 8 ohm speakers if they are stock)

If the wire is broken most likely it will be in the door jam.

Ben

Just run the woes directly to the speaker. Eliminate the possibility of a faulty wire. Or go grab a known good speaker and hook that up real quick just to see if you get any sound. Make sure the balance and fade are in their default positions. Make sure the head unit it's definitely outputting sound. Play a CD. It's either

Incorrect wiring

Faulty wires

Completely blown speakers

User error

Or faulty equipment.

• Like 1

To see if you have connection to the speakers you can check the resistance between the two wires going to the speaker. There should be between 3 to 8 ohms between the wires. To see if you have a ground problem on the wires check the resistance of each wire and to ground. If things are isolated like they should be then the reading should show an open condition. The Loyales had one side of the wires for the front speaker leads tied to chassis ground. If you rewired things correctly the resistance check of each speaker will prove it.