Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a/c, wheels, suspension, rack and pinion, exhuast.

anyone have parts to fit my 90 leggy L please hmu my a/c is funky compressor wont kick on unless bypass by a direct positive wire and then blows cold changed the switch on the silver canister and changed all fuses and relays. my all around suspensions are done they are knocking when goin over little bumps really badly, rack and pinion is busted looking for tips on replacing and also if anyone has a spare, looking to replace my entire exhuast from the header back any spare stock or aftermarket not fart cans but nice borla stock please help me out 234k miles auto fwd no add ons daily driver family car live in florida with 2 babies a/c busted HELP!!!

The ac isn't turning on because it needs to be charged. The knocking could be sway bar bushings or ball joints, jack the front of the car up and do an inspection. Your rack is toast or is it your inner tierod ends? The rack itself is fairly simple to replace.

Main tip I can think of to help pull the rack is to drop the y-pipe, it will make it way easier to get to everything and also soak the tierod ends and bolts in penetrant a couple days before you start working on it.

Edited by mikaleda

ac was converted and charged up to the high green bar on the gauge knocking coming from rear the tie rods and ball joints are fine so far have had the car up in the air i know racks were always a pain for me thanks for the respond.

Hmmm... Maybe the pressure sensor that shuts the pump off is malfunctioning, but that wouldn't explain why it blows cold air when you jump the clutch. I'm not very knowledgable about the ac system, where I live I rarely use ac so I never really work on them.