Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Not many people post on here about going for a good drive, so I figured what the heck.

Sunday, the wife, son and I jumped into the pita, keeping our fingers crossed it wouldnt leave us stranded up in the hills...

The higher up you go, the worse the tarmac gets to the point it just turns to gravel. Through a section known as the woops, the suspension got its first good test, and passed rock solid!

Onto the gravel we go!

The first bit is pretty chuckhole ridden, so we took it kinda slow (no need bouncing the nuts n bolts out this soon).

Once it opened up to nice gravel road, I was able to open it up a bit and feel the great gripping power that is awd!!!

After a while of driving we catch up to a old volvo full of teenagers driving that look like they have never been on a semi narrow gravel road before. I figure it is better to pass them then see them take an on coming car head on due to their diving to the inside of every corner...

After I get out of range of rocks flying into their window, I opened it up a bit more. Man ohh man, do I miss that feeling and what a dust cloud this thing puts off, lol!!

We make it a few more miles up the road, and decide to call it good and head home.

Another great, traffic-less trek back down the hill with no engine problems and now a dusty subaru to park in the driveway with pride!!

• Like 1

Thanks!!! I just hope it will run as strong now as my wifes old 93 Legacy wagon did back in the day.

Never had to do anything to that thing besides oil change, spark plugs once n a while and altenators (chewed one up about every year or so. Any ideas why?).

I was smart though and bought a new one with a lifetime warrenty the first time and got I think 4 out of Schucks for the $99.95 it cost for one.

I wasnt too familiar with imports back then and couldnt pin point what was wrong with it when it had died. It would fire up, run real rough up until about 40 mph, then smooth as normal. No check engine lights or anything, but I still want to think it was a MAF sensor or one of the many vac lines was cracked. It will forever be missed. We drove the crap out of that car, lol, but it ran like a champ!

It had 225k miles on it when it died... RIP Scooby mobile.