Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1995 Subaru Legacy L Sedan 2.2L

ScoobyTSSO23

I have a 1995 Subaru Legacy, It's got the 2.2. I have made slight modifications to it. New Outback front bumper and grille, swapped old one piece headlights for two piece headlights, 15 inch rims from another legacy which I took off my stock 14 inch rims for, A few painted engine parts. It is a 5 speed which is my preference for any Subaru. I'm in a Subaru Car Club in my area. If you live in the Tri-State you're welcome to join. At the moment we have around 30 members, always looking to add more, we get an awesome parts discount from O'Reilly Auto Parts through our club account. My car has been through it all, a total of 260,000 miles, and the engine is still in great running condition. Subie guy for life I'd say.

I have a 1995 Subaru Legacy, It's got the 2.2. I have made slight modifications to it. New Outback front bumper and grille, swapped old one piece headlights for two piece headlights, 15 inch rims from another legacy which I took off my stock 14 inch rims for, A few painted engine parts. It is a 5 speed which is my preference for any Subaru. I'm in a Subaru Car Club in my area. If you live in the Tri-State you're welcome to join. At the moment we have around 30 members, always looking to add more, we get an awesome parts discount from O'Reilly Auto Parts through our club account. My car has been through it all, a total of 260,000 miles, and the engine is still in great running condition. Subie guy for life I'd say.

NICE!

Welcome!

I too have a 95 Legacy (although quite modified).  I've heard of the 2-poc OB headlight swap and just got some 98 headlights (still need to source the turn signals). 

Is it just a cut and splice (matching colored wires) job, then they just bolt on?

Any tips/tricks or photos of before/after?

thanks and show off that rig! :)

Please clutter away! And I'll put pics up soon. I was actually putting my front bumber on while my friend put the lights on. He spliced them though because as you know, it's different for a 2 piece system. I'm thinking it's color to color

Edited by ScoobyTSSO23

are you talking about the Tri Cities Subaru Club? say hi to ivan for me. I had him remove me from that club cause some of the guys were bullying me. yes, bullying. I'd stay away from that club cause the STI owners are mean.  Oh, and if the STI guys do start giving you crap about something tell Ivan, he'll kick their butts xD  Ivan and Dillon are a couple of the cool guys on there.

Edited by soobie_newbie67

I had to cut my bumper support in the middle for the larger grill, still running fog light-less.  But all in all it was a painless process.  I'm no stranger to modding stuff to fit lol.

Still running crap rump roast tires, but I've got roughly an extra inch since this pic with new struts

IMAG0018_zps03ef0f5b.jpg

• Like 1

post-48001-0-72192300-1368823475_thumb.jpg

post-48001-0-45739300-1368823515_thumb.jpg

Stock, when I recieved it.

post-48001-0-97351700-1368823572_thumb.jpg

Original lights and after getting ran into.

post-48001-0-71993300-1368823610_thumb.jpg

Before tightening, pretty much loose fitting, but all together, Outback bumper and 2 piece headlights and new grille.

post-48001-0-11696600-1368823673_thumb.jpg

A few members of our club on a meet and greet in Potosi, WI. Mine is third from the right.

I haven't got the new rims and tires on yet but hopefully sometime this or next weekend.

Want any more pictures of certain areas, just ask.

I had to cut my bumper support in the middle for the larger grill, still running fog light-less.  But all in all it was a painless process.  I'm no stranger to modding stuff to fit lol.

Still running crap rump roast tires, but I've got roughly an extra inch since this pic with new struts

IMAG0018_zps03ef0f5b.jpg

I really like the car, body is in great condition. I wish my rust spots werent there, I'm definitely going to me doing some grinding this Spring/Summer to remove and replace rusted and pitted out spots. That's also why I'm happy I switched to the Outback front bumper, because then I can put fog lights in pretty soon when I find a set I like in my price range. Is that a 5-speed??

Edited by ScoobyTSSO23

I love that silver, had a 98 in the family a few years back that same color. I wish mine was a 5 speed like yours though.

5-speeds are definitely where it's at. I do like the color but after I fix the rust I think I'm repainting it a different color if I still have it. I might be a getting a new car soon (still a Subie of course.) But I'm looking for something a bit different, little faster and sleeker looking.

Edited by ScoobyTSSO23

IMAG0018_zps03ef0f5b.jpg

Whoa Bratman, that's like a flash from the past!!!  :-D

I think you'll appreciate some of this too ScoobyTSSO23

Mine's ruby Mica too!

here's when I got it in Oct, 2003...

subaru%2520rt%2520front.jpg

subaru%2520rt%2520rear.jpg

Then 9 years and a hundred thousand miles later...it's changed a bit!  >=]

P1080978.JPG

P1080979.JPG

Sorry to hyjack!

Carry on as you were.  

Edited by superu

Yes, beware the modification road!!  It is a very slippery one young padawon!

attachicon.gifSubie2.jpg

attachicon.gifSubie4.jpg

Stock, when I recieved it.

attachicon.gifSubie3.jpg

Original lights and after getting ran into.

attachicon.gifSubie5.jpg

Before tightening, pretty much loose fitting, but all together, Outback bumper and 2 piece headlights and new grille.

attachicon.gifSubie.jpg

A few members of our club on a meet and greet in Potosi, WI. Mine is third from the right.

I haven't got the new rims and tires on yet but hopefully sometime this or next weekend.

Want any more pictures of certain areas, just ask.

That dude on your right (3rd from left, w/ white GT or whatev) is HUGE!  Freakin' giant ya got there in your club.   XD

your car is a lot of my inspiration to be perfectly honest superu, mine was almost identical to yours except she came with the 5 spoke 14" alloys

HAHA, DUH I says!

Now that you say that man, it's all coming back. I totally remember chatting with you through time!!

That's awesome!! Thanks again!

I think we'd 'friended' or whatever prior to the latest forum switch (or on another forum)

Yes, beware the modification road!! It is a very slippery one young padawon!

That dude on your right (3rd from left, w/ white GT or whatev) is HUGE! Freakin' giant ya got there in your club. XD

He's got a 30th Anniv. Edition 96 or around there Subaru legacy wagon(: He is pretty tall dude, but he's funny and a good guy