Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86 gl10 sunroof seals?

Just want to figure out if anyone knows where I can get them if at all... or mabey someone has a whole window assembly laying around... rails and all... its summer I want to open mine but its washington so I wajt to be able to close it at a moments notice also...please help

I was hoping I could find someone local... I'm tired of ducttape all year... the sunroof works it just wont seal... started after I jumped it and hit my head real hard on in and spidered the inner layer of glass now it just dosent line up at the rear driver corner.... depending on how far you are I may snag it but shipping on bulky stuff is killer

Thank you though

What do you mean by under the glass? Mabey a stupid question... but I didn't see a place for adjustments. And does anyone have the slide cove for them.... or was there evn on... it wasn't there when I got the car but think there are rails for it... blue would be best if anyone has a spare thanks for the help. And I may be interested in the glass at some point... it spidered from my head hitting it but its not broken yet

Just want to figure out if anyone knows where I can get them if at all... or mabey someone has a whole window assembly laying around... rails and all... its summer I want to open mine but its washington so I wajt to be able to close it at a moments notice also...please help

Hi,

If you are  having a problem with a water leak,  it's more  likely the drain tubes are clogged.  it is common and not too hard to clear them .  water  from outside the roof is not totally sealed completely by the seal,,   some water that does get in , is caught in a trough in the inner assembly and there is a drain hole at each of the corners.  there is a rubber like tube from there down the windshield pillar to a point beneath the front fender on the door pillar.   you don't have to remove anything to clear the drains .   i have had best luck using a 1/16" braded cable,    available at hardware stores  and use it like a roto rooter  through the holes and down the  tubes .   you can flush them out afterward with a little water to check if it is clear.  if you open the glass you can find the drain holes in the front corners,,  not too sure but i think the rears are accessable there too.    you might also be able to blow compressed air through them to clear them.   anyway most leaks are because they are clogged and the runoff  trough gets full and overflows  basically onto the headliner.   BTW  the roof glass is kinda tricky to adjust if you remove it ,, i would not advise doing it unless it is really necessary .  i bet your inside leak will stop if you get the drains clear.

Edited by ruparts