Ultimate Subaru Message Board

gl10 engine swap need help

Use the SEARCH function..... It'll do you wonders . Post like these come up quite often lol an ej22 or an ej25 is gonna be the biggest motor you can put in there w/o having to notch out the frame rails or something serious like that .

@skylar i should have my bad

@subruise i got the car for $500 i want to spend no more then 11k by the time i am thrashing off road 

@djellum will do sounds cool 

thanks for input sorry for my vagueness.

I think I will go with a EJ22T 

Edited by mrgl10

i do want to get a EJ22T so the next question is how much boost should i run on the turbo? and do i really want the EJ22T or do i want a EJ25T and last can you put a supercharger in the place of the turbo to get more of a n/a feel 

That price range will take about 5 years to save for. so less would do me better

Edited by mrgl10

turbo EJ indeed.  you'll need everything - engine, transmission, ECU, complete wiring harness, driveshaft, rear differential.

you can attach the EJ to your EA trans but it likely won't hold lots of power and abuse.

driveshaft and rear diff may not be needed depending on your goals, what yo'ure trying to do.  but if you replace the trans it's generally good to match the rear diff ratio and with an EJ just get an EJ rear diff, they're cheap and you can get a VLSD for giggles.

may want to do a suspension upgrade as well - 5 lug conversion giving you front EJ suspension options and normal 5x100 wheel options - like almost any Subaru wheel made from 1990+ except SVX and later STi's will work.

turbo/super charger are up to you, there are pros/cons to both.  i like the idea of superchargers but they are rarely used in Subaru's.  no exhaust to monkey with...but then it''s far more custom work and sizing of pulleys to get the right rpm's, etc.  if you do'nt want custom - turbo is easiest  if you don't mind fabricating some brackets, fiddling with intake routing, etc then maybe supercharger. 

sure EJ25T that thing.

@Grossgary thank you for that fast response looking a the conversion kit from SJR Lifts at just over $300 to save me the time and another $300 for a converted wiring harness. 

What ecu will i use the one all ready in the car or do i need so swap it

Edited by mrgl10