Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1995 Legacy EJ22 code 0400 egr issues help

my 1995 leggo has been throwing a 0400 egr  code .  I took off the egr valve and the bpt and they were real dirty so I cleaned them and all the hoses going in and out of them . I found a old outback in the j-yard and scavenge some parts including the egr valve which was cleaner but the valve is on the other side so I need to get some vacuum hose and replace it what other issues should i be looking at. Also I got the Knock sensor from the junk car and it is a single pin in a 2 pin connector can I swap out the connector and will it work ( I was also throwing a 0325 but it has not shown back up again).

Any suggestion on what to look for would be appreciated I am a newbie

I got the leggo as a gift from my sister a year ago since then I had to replace the MAF sensor in the process of finding that problem I looked and tested everything i had every vacuum line off cleaned the pcv valve IAC unit and throttle body. I also changed the plugs to bosch platinum which I now know is not good. I had to replace a bad brake line. And just 2 weeks ago I had to put on a new harmonic balancer (Pulley) and I had the timing belt on wrong for a day which I think caused the knock which screwed up the sensor..  the CEL has been there for a while probably a 6 months..

Edited by duffymaddox

I sucked the bottom of the BPT and it was good but I also tried to blow through the 2 lines going to the throttle body and the one seems clogged they are the 2 lines that have the throttle cable assembly all in one unit the one will not blow and the other blows but real hard should i take that apart and clean it ...