Ultimate Subaru Message Board

been quiet lately as my 2nd gen leg continues to rack up the miles without fuss :)

just completed 16,000 miles since installing the LPG system a year ago, essentialy amortized it finally,  so from now on i am really driving at half the cost of petrol. neat.

back to the topic title, the stock speaker in the right door is making squeaqing noises at some frequencies. would like to purchase one before tearing into the door, so i can swap it in one go.

does anybody know the specs for the stock main speaker? diameter, watts, ohms?

it's part 1 here

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/en_b11/type_23/electronic/audio_parts_speaker/

quick search for the stock part get's me up to 60$ in europe.

second question: is panel number 31 removable without removing the complete door trim? would make everything simpler, just dont want ot be yanking at parts and breaking them needlesly

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/en_b11/type_23/body_equipment_interior/door_trim/illustration_1/

tnxs in advance!

TG

I don't have any definite specs for 2nd Gen, but here are the specs for my Gen 3 base model (no premium sound). Maybe they are similar.

Size: 6.5 inch.

Depth: 2.5 inch.

4 ohm, 30W.

Model/Part number on the back: EASA16P48AR1

I replaced my front's with some older (but still better than stock) 2-way Kenwoods I had that were 6.5". Here in the US www.crutchfield.com is a pretty large retailer of car audio components. $60 should get you a pair of pretty decent after-market (Kenwood/Pioneer/Sony/JVC) speakers.

Again, on my 3rd Gen, I had to pull the door card, the grill isn't remove-able.

Edit: Crutchfield.com says 6.5" fits with "minor alteration" for gen 2's.

Edited by nickb21