Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How can I be sure you're not setting me up to kill my car so you can buy another car from me and flip it on the cheap?

:D

LOL! it also helped a guy that didn't have a job...who is now doing well, working, and full time employed with benefits and married, but yeah.  Now - forgetting the plates and the jackleg goes and uses those old plates...who does that!?!? now that, i do feel like a tool about. 

Same thought. I can't think of any good reason why the filter was ever designed to reside inside the gas tank. How is that a better solution then having a canister type under the hood?

fewer gas hose connections under the hood, less chance of fuel spraying/leaking, so safety?  as rare as that may seem - so are fuel filter issues, basically unheard of or outliers. 

in conjunction with fuel pump = easier assembly line, bypass functionality would be easier like in an oil filter but i don't know that is has that capability nor would it rarely be needed.

i doubt those are the reasons, just tossing them out..

I've seen cars before where the fuel filter is in the tank on the end of the pump and the filter being non-serviceable or never having a change interval on it. Don't know for sure on the newer scoobs though