Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have codes P0303, P0304, and P0136. Swapped out the coil pack and plug wires are fairly new, any thoughts, igniter? A few times the CEL would flash as I was driving but the car ran fine. On the P0136, that's the post cat O2 sensor, right? There was a small section of the exhaust I removed right after the cat and sensor (looked like a very slim resonator and not long), I put a piece of pipe in there, wonder if that's the cause, the car runs fine.

P0136 = O2 circuit sensor 2

This code would be for the rear sensor, no it would not be affected or caused by the resonator pipe. More than likely caused by a dead sensor or damaged wiring to the sensor.

This sensor does not affect fuel economy or engine running condition, it is only a check sensor for the catalytic converters.

flashing CEL is universal with the OBD II system not just Subaru and it does mean that the catalytic converter will be damaged with continued driving. Usually caused by a missfire which will almost always make a CEL flash at least a few times.

Edited by matt167

thanks for all the good info, the igniter and coil pack has been changed out, took out and replaced plug 3, but plug 4 comes out real tough and I thought I may be damaging the threads so i turned it back in, it is firing though, the trouble codes are 0303 and 0304. I can't get an inspection sticker with a lit CEL so I'll clear it when I pull in and hope it stays out...lol