Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ignitions upgrade possible

You could most likely modify an MSD dizzy to work if they make one for another vehicle that has similar shaft length and diameter. The blaster coil will work, just be sure to get the ballast resistor. Truth be told, on a stock application, any gain you might get will be negligeable at best and not really worth the money. Hotter spark only helps with higher compression and more fuel.

im running a cheap pro comp cdi multi spark box on my ea82 makes a big differance even using the stock coil it wont give you more horse power but it will give you a better torque curve its the differance between pulling hills at 50 or pulling the same hill at 65 or first gear wound out up the driveway or sencond gear comfertably up the driveway i unhooked it because of a no spark condition but was somethin else and havent hooked it up yet wish i could give real #s but thats the best i can do also picked up a mpg or 2 yea

i could take some when i rehook it up but i routed all my wire through the harness so it looks stock hay it fooled the smog guy should have seen his face when he tryed to get a timing reading priceless i hid the box under the factory spare tire finely found a use for that thing lol