Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Working towards a flush

My stable just increased by 1, eastcoaster might not want to read further.

Yesterday I picked up an 83 GL Brat!!! Oh ya, T-tops, sliding rear window, full guage cluster, AND a low topper in great shape!!!! Plus NO RUST!!

On the down side, it had a blown motor, no compression, could turn the crank by hand with the plugs in it. No problem, I still have the hopped up EA81 that came out of the 82 last fall laying around. So I put new gaskets around on it, and in it went (still working on that though, motors in, just need to hook everything up). The other really down side, autotrans. But heck, I can trade that out with a 5spd!

The body is a bit rough, dents here and there, needs new fenders, taillights, tailgate, hood, front and rear bumpers.

How much would you pay for this little beauty? 2 thousand? One thousand? I know, 750? Not me, a single benji and she gets a nice trailer ride to my doorstep!!!

So now I have an 80, 82 and 83 Brat, the hardtop makes and 84 so all I need is an 81 Soobie, and I've got myself a flush, not a royal mind you, would need two more Brat for that, but hey, I'm one step closer!!!!

Yayayaya, technically a "flush" is 5 cards of the same suit regarless of number, and whot I'm going for is actually a straight flush. Hehehe. Right now, I have either a full house: 3 brats and 2 coupes, or a regular flush 5 Subaru's. Ack, whot am I doing online this early in the morning!!!

Welp, I got my HO EA81 into the 83, fired up on the first crank (well, technically second, I had to flip the dizzy around, had it 180 out). Still have all the plumbing and stuff to do on it, but technically she runs!!!!

I figure that with the built EA81 and turbo, it should equate out to about as fast (powerful?) as a 4spd EA81 Brat. Can't wait to drive her. I need to put up a shopping list in the marketplace, quite a few things that I need to get for her.