Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My 90 leggy L blew a fuel injector right after seafoaming it, so i was going to replace all the injectors since they're all stock with over 240k miles. while doing research i notice that the stick shift model legacy l (90-94) carry a different style injector than my 90 legacy l auto does anyone know why the automatic and stick shift models carry different injectors i'm in dire need of injectors my budget is tight the junkyard only has 1 stick shift 91 legacy l. subies are hard to find in the junkyard any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks god bless...

I recall having the same questions when I had an injector go bad on my 90 LS wagon a few years back...

a little bit of searching (injector differences) turns up a lot of reading material - basic gist is it doesnt really matter that much, but it is best to swap the entire rail, not individual injectors. if you can get the injector rails off the 91 manual & new o-rings for the ends of the rails, you should be good.

this thread has some really good info in it...

Edited by heartless