Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Scout, the 1990 loyale

kirzick

I cant cure my addiction. I recently added another roo to my family. I now have three in my driveway. I got this little turd for basically free, I traded a camper trailer frame for it! After a sketchy five hour trip we made it home!   post-48517-0-64769000-1398797654_thumb.jpg

At some point in the poor cars life some tweakers stole it. The ignition switch was torn apart and the radio was gone. When the PO got it back it just sat in his yard for two years. Over that time the fuel pump seized, maybe it was from the ethanol degrading. No start. Through a new battery in it. It wanted to live so bad. So i listened for the fuel pump. Nothing. So i threw in another pump i had. Nothing. Wtf i know i have power! so i whacked it with a wrench, and it turned on! The car choked to life with a low rumble and black smoke on old gas. It had maybe been half an hour since i got home. I sputtered down to the gas station and put some fresh gas in it. the car sounded awesome. Later i found that it was only stock exhaust but the bottom of the muffler was gone. When i got home i decided to whack the old fuel pump just for fun. Sure enough it worked, Score!

Edited by kirzick

Earlier this winter i wrecked my beloved 84 gl wagon Oliver. Some day Ill fix him. But for now i borrowed its 6 lug hubs and drums. I had no problems mounting them on the ea82. I did have to reset one drum self adjuster but the other slid on fine. I measured and compared them side by side and they seemed identical.

post-48517-0-34907800-1398799057_thumb.jpg

post-48517-0-69958200-1398799199_thumb.jpg

Until i order my 4'' lift i decided to make it Rwd. Who cares if i blow up the push button anyway. I need to hunt for a cheap duel range.  Here are some wide 27'' tires stuffed under with no lift. Its not even drivable like this they rub soooooo bad. I put some cool smaller tires on for sliding around.

post-48517-0-79623000-1398799576_thumb.jpg

post-48517-0-17571300-1398799783_thumb.jpg

post-48517-0-71153200-1398799814_thumb.jpg
post-48517-0-69799400-1398800034_thumb.jpg

post-48517-0-38646600-1398800084_thumb.jpg

Edited by kirzick

Had no oil pressure on the dash. So i installed a aftermarket gauge.It works but it reads at about 15 when its running. Does this sound right? Also the gauge takes forever to go back to 0 after the cars shut off. Could i have a bad sender?

Should be getting the rest of the lift blocks today! All that's left for the lift is to buy the bolts and fab the diff drop. scavenged some steel plate from an abandoned warehouse for the diff drop. Hopefully ill get the trans pulled tonight. planning on getting some Rx seats from a friend.

What will hopefully be done by next week:

• Trans Pulled
  • Motor Pulled
  • Paint and prep engine bay
  • Finish removing carpet
  • Finish fixing/ dressing wiring harness
  • At least get strut spacers on

Next update will be picture heavy!

cheers

• Like 1

When its not raining and i'm not being lazy i can actually get stuff done... Who'd a thunk.

Got lots done, still have a lot to do.

Engine Prepped.

6t8t.jpg

Was this supposed to connect to something? Was held on with two bolt and not doing anything.

p8f4.jpg

Transmission Freedom!

taez.jpg

Engine out! Jusd used a old fense tentioner and a beam in my car port. I cant belive how light these engines are.

o1qmh.jpg

5ph7.jpg

I also started to install my lift kit. I bought a 4'' lift from sjr. No offense scott but i'm kinda upset with the quality. On the front strut spacers the bolts are only tacked on, not fully welded. And the back brackets are different lengths.. They will work i just wish they were done better for the price. I decided i could build the rest of the kit myself. I bought 5 ft of 1/4 3'' by 2'' square tubing for 30$ from ziglers welding. Cut, Drilled, and Painted by a friend.

Getting there! Crossmember blocks and front strut spacer blocks on!

lbl2.jpg

Took the fenders off to roll them and smash the wheel wells in abit.

7ccg.jpg

Also Id like to thank my wonderful girlfriend for the help!  :D

Edited by kirzick