Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 loyale code---weird

I have not driven this all winter....Has had chk eng light on for a long time and I am positive

it was a code 34 which is the egr valve or circuit

I hooked up the battery this weekend as I want to sell it (has 54,000 original miles and nice shape)

I was getting 7 flashes with a pause and the same 7 flashes over and over again

There is nothing that shows 7 flashes

Can someone remind me of what connectors have to be hooked...it is under the dash up behind the ecm right>? (black?)

Can the code be cleared without fixing it? to see how soon it may come back?

I am thinking no

If I get a new egr solenoid....how do I clear the codes then? 

More importantly....can this egr solenoid cause any rough running condition??  It runs good but not 100% right...mild stumble of the engine

Note that I have the egr valve off and a metal plate sealing off the opening --used RTV to seal it....and hose is capped off

thanks

IIRC, 7 is a calibration code (i.e. SPFI, Cali emissions) and not an actual fault code.

Checking the codes w/o any connectors connected will display drive-ability codes or active CEL codes.

Hooking the green connectors together by the fuel filter under the hood might bring up a few non-critical codes and connecting the white connectors next to the green ones (white connected only), then the LED will display old codes.

I had an intermittent code 34 (EGR solenoid) before it finally gave up and the solenoid failed. Might just be having a good day with this one and there are "no problems"