Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber swap timing issue

*with the weber 32/36. I have the egr and all the other vac lines blocked. But with having the EA82 intake there is a short coolant line that comes out of the block and into the intake right where the distributor needs to move to advance to be timed right, I have it as far as it can go then it hits the coolant line coming out of the intake.

So my question, can this line be blocked to allow me to get the timing set properly? Thanks for any help!

If you move each spark plug over one post, and retard the timing you'll have the setting your at right now (as far as it will go) but you'll be able to advance it further. Use a timing light. if it's like ea82 *thinking*......

on ea82 you turn distributor counter-clockwise to advance timing (from driver's side). If same holds true for ea81 I would imagine if you move each spark plug wire to the next counter-clockwise post and then crank your distributor all the way clockwise you would be nearby where you're at now with it fully counter-clockwise.

Little complicated to explain but if you picture it all it'll make sense.

Edited by l75eya

So my distributor rotates clockwise to advance, and its advanced as far as it can go befor hitting the coolant line. So if I rotate the plug wires counterclockwise and put the disty all the way back will I be in the same spot? And then be able to advance to the right time?

So my distributor rotates clockwise to advance, and its advanced as far as it can go befor hitting the coolant line. So if I rotate the plug wires counterclockwise and put the disty all the way back will I be in the same spot? And then be able to advance to the right time?

Correct except your moving the plug wires clock Wise one position and then moving the distributor back. I've never tried this BTW lol, but it makes sense in my head and it's a non interference motor so it can't hurt. I really suggest using a timing light though to confirm.