Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pull VDC fuse

no it won't hurt anything at all, not a big deal.  the system can turn itself off for various reasons and run indefinitely like that with no issues.

you're not the person i talked to off the board about buying your Outback are you?  did you text me last week about pricing?

pull VDC fuse

no it won't hurt anything at all, not a big deal. the system can turn itself off for various reasons and run indefinitely like that with no issues.

you're not the person i talked to off the board about buying your Outback are you? did you text me last week about pricing?

yeah I did. I was just curious.

It doesn't have "traction control", do you mean VDC or ABS?

there's a fuse panel down by the lever to pull the front hood - some of the fuses are buried behind the lowest portion of the trim - with the small access door dropped you can look between edges and see some of them.

there's also a fuse box in the engine bay drivers side - pull the cover of that off and look there.  fuses are labeled on underside of cover.

the owners manual also discloses which fuses control what.

pull the fuse for whichever one you want.  pulling the ABS should also disable VDC.

ABS pump resides behind the front passengers head light - you could also disconnect the motor to that to disable ABS.

You have VDC, but there's no switch?

only 2001's came with the switch

It's surprising that it actually seemed to help drive in the sand after pulling the fuse. Mostly in the deep uphill stuff that a lot of trucks get stuck in. It's so funny seeing everyone's reaction when I have my sedan on the beach!

Any good tips for beach driving? I haven't been stuck yet so I'm guessing I'm doing good!