Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anaerobic Sealant - Gas Resistsnt?

My favorite sealant. You have actually make a Subaru engine not leak with the stuff.  That said, yes it is resistant to fuel, but only when fully cured.  Also you need to remember that it fully cures in the absence of oxygen.  So for small stuff like that I will apply a very thin coat, bolt it together, then take some clean motor oil and apply it with a small brush around the seam. Then I just let it sit over night, clean off the oil and should be good to go.

So, no gasket there, only sealant?

Yep.

Perfectly flat surfaces... ideal for Anaerobic sealant.

If it doesn't work right for whatever reason, I can always tear it down again and use traditional gaskets. I see this as an experiment of sorts... I'll keep you updated on the results.

• Like 1

Well, in my Case, I used the Traditional thick paper gasket, previously smeared in Shellac, which is Gasoline Resistant, on both sides, and that thing works awesomely Perfect, plus is fast and easy to do, also it doesn't need any time to cure, just smear, put and go...

I've used gasketless seals on transmission's oil pans, smearing Mega Grey or Ultra Grey Silicones with great results; but the kind of gasketless sealing you're doing on the Carb, is something new for me. I hope it will work fine for you, and that it will last many time...

Kind Regards.