Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what cars did the wood trim come in? i was at the junk yard a few times this past week and acquired a set of wood trim for around the window buttons and shifter. after coming back home i decided to look online and found that some cars came with the wood trim pieces around the dash vents and radio as well. the cars i saw the wood trim pieces in at the yard had grey panels around the dash vents.

My 95 LS came with what you saw at the yard: wood trim around the window switches and shift handle.  I've recall someone else on here talk about scoring a wood trim piece for the dash vents, but I haven't seen it on any of the junk yard cars either.

I have happily swapped my wood trim out for standard dark grey.

my 98 legacy outback limited has the wood around the vents. I was told this is rare. my car does not have a sunroof for its trim level, but it does have premium sound and leahter, but no sunroof.

I picked up a parts car 97 legacy outback limited with mo wood around the dash, but it did have the subwoofer and cd changer.

With my car having the wood trim, i made a woodie out of it and made a hardwood floor in the trunk.

you mean 95-99 era legacy/outback as everyone else is guessing? 

my 1996 LSi has wood trim, though not around vents i don't think.

00+ have woodtrim around vents.

yes i forgot about that bit. im speaking of the 95-99 era legacy/outback. im gonna go with its just a rare thing to find and if i ever see them while at the yard i should pull them as fast as i see them.