Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Clutch release levers

ive got a question about part interchangeability. the clutch release lever in my 88 gl 4wd broke almost in 2, and im currious if i could substitute it for one from a 2wd. im having trouble finding the leaver. auto parts stores dont carry it, and dealers almost dont have any. i need a functioning lever asap, as every day my car is not running, im losing money by being out of work. if anyone has one they can overnight or knows where to look, i would be very grateful. i know the part number for the one i need is 30531aa031 and the part number for the 2wd lever is 30531aa100.

post-35921-0-26456000-1437782153_thumb.jpg

I' pretty sure they are different as in the ea81 and ea82 clutch forks being the same. The push button 4wd ones are the same i can't say about the 2wd's  since i've never compared then but i think they should be. If your in a jam bend it back into place, weld it, quench in oil to add strength, grind if needed,  and hope it holds.

the car originally had a fuel injected ea82, but it was swapped to a carberated ea81. not sure exactly why

Do you still need this fork?

I'm checking with the buyer of the transmission to see if he needs it.

Edited by Dinky26

going by the photo it looks like an EA82 throw out bearing. I have pulled a fork from an EA82 FWD and found to be same as a EA82 4WD fork.

Even though you have an EA81, I think the gearbox and clutch and clutch fork are likely still EA82 parts.

Earlier EA81 forks were a greenie blue colour , same as rocker covers, then later forks for EA81 were black, but same shape as the blue.

All EA82 forks I have seen have been black, different shape to EA81 I have seen

Edited by jono

wouldnt surprise me if its still the original transmission. and ive looked up the clutch lever part numbers and from what i found, theres only a 4wd version and a fwd version. and yes i still need the lever. at the moment im having my local subaru dealer get one from one of their warehouses somewhere in the country