Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1992 loyale problem.

I have a 92 loyale spfi. It died on me in the middle of the road. 45 minutes later it started. Now when I'm driving it's sputtering and tries to die unless I give it some gas. Someone told me either I have a weak fuel pump or not getting spark. But if I wasn't getting spark why would it start again after dieing? Please any help would be great.

So I pulled the engine codes. I'm getting tps sensor (throttle position sensor) code and idle switch code. Went to the junkyard found a tps sensor off of a loyale with 160k miles. Hoping that solves the problem. I'm thinking it's causing it to flood because when I take off the tube from the throttle body that goes to the air box it reeks like gas

Mine is doing same thing exept wen it starts it runs fine. Throwing neutral safety code. Have you tried adjusting tps. Mine ran like crap till i turned tps into the correct spot. I cant remember exactly how but if you need i will read and post. I dont think thats why it died. Mine never died and the way the tps was i was choking the car to death wen i let off the gas.

post-59548-0-64056800-1440109493_thumb.jpg

Hope you can read this. I have the whole component check for spfi. I think i will post it. Says if u hear the injector clicking, its working. Pull breather of throttle body and verify fuel spray. Not while smoking. Fuel pressure regulator maybe causing your prob. Need to t into fuel line to check fuel pressure. Idle air control should drop rpm when unplugged while running.

Thanks I could have used that the other day. 1st time I pulled codes got tps sensor, idle switch. Fix those. Checked timing it was good. Replaced distributor still doing the same thing. So i pulled codes again and only 1 this time. Fuel injector abnormal output. Pulled it out,then blew it out and presto runs great. It was clogged