Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Shortcut in Clucth pedal subaru legacy ls 1992

Hello every one my name is Francisco i´m new to the group, and i´m struggling with my vehicle, about two months it started to have some weird reactions when i stepped on the clutch pedal it would just loose power and it died every time, when i went under the dashboard i noticed a spark coming out of the clutch pedal every time y moved it, the weird thing is that although the vehicle was turned off the motor fan would go on so a the head lights, does any one have any idea of what might be happening with it ?  i would appreciate if any one could help me 

Hi Francisco, I can't say what the trouble is. But my first suggestions are to check the entire length of not only the clutch pedal and all of it's

linkage/arms, but also the cable under the hood to see if anything is rubbing/scraping or interfering with wiring/wires, or any other thing, like a vacuum hose

or something contacting the moving clutch cable, that in turn would pull or rub on wires. You may also want to (this may turn out to be very important) add a length of battery cable

from the engine or transmission block to a good clean non painted ground on the frame. As, you may have insufficient grounding going on from the engine/trans to the frame.