Ultimate Subaru Message Board

CV shaft seals

In doing my rebuild, (82 brat 4 spd) I'm wanting to replace all of the Transmission as well as rear Differential output shaft seals. Meaning the seals that the CV shafts lock in to. Ive ordered a few that fit the verbal description using Rockauto as the source, but what has arrived is no where near the proper seals.

Has anyone out there recently ordered these seals I mention, and can make reference to any propr part #'s? Any info appreciated.  

Aside from DaveT's good advice, call a dealer or an online Subaru OEM parts seller when you have some time to get through to a person.  I forgot the one that helped me with ordering factory parts but the guy was knowledgeable and looked up several parts based on the year, make, & model.  With his computer he was able to report how many were left, in the country, of this or that and give me a price.  All the dealers I tried to call were a waste of time because I usually was left to "leave a message".  Many of the parts are NLA, no longer available, but many ARE still available.  Those don't seem like they would be uncommon or very expensive.  I would like to get some for future use so I am curious as to what you find.  Good luck and post what you find.  Cheers & thanks. 

Ive tried 2 dealer sources so far with no luck other than the generic answers you mentioned. I Have no doubt If I were to remove them it is highly possible I can read an existing number on the seals and maybe eventually find them through some sort of cross reference. But I did not want to remove the ones that are in until I had new ones in hand.  In the case of Rock Auto they clearly show, and I have in hand what does appear to be a cv shaft seal for something, but it is also quite clear they are no where near the proper size. I may have to resort to pulling axles and leaving it up on the lift until I can find something that works. If I find anything I will post here.

I just remembered to go look at one now.   They are an odd / different style than I thought for the rear diff, anyway.  I saw a marking, but couldn't read it.  Have to try when there's more light.

But now I checked, mine are all newer, so I don't know if they are going to be the same.

Rear CVs do not have seals,but,the stub axles do. 8067 32030

Same for the Front 8067 27040 LH,....27030 RH

Good luck getting Subaru to look them up.

Even if those slackers had a parts catalog,it says the RH one is auto only