Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Project X EA-82 1989 Dual Range 5 Speed Sedan

Ea- 82 under construction.

Rebuilt. Largest Delta Cams I can get. Don't have these.

1989 SPFI short block, decked .016, so I've been told.

NOS Pink drivers heads. I'm going to hog thease out. .012 cut off deck.

Totally ported, new valves with multi angle valve job. Titanium Retainers and New Genuine Subaru valve springs.

SPFI intake manifold. Weber Carb? 38/38 . Accel Ignition that I have. Full Electronic for carb. Car is wired for SPFI so I can do that when I want. Going to wire the car for twin turbo as well.

Damn, I'm not fond of telling people what I'm going to do. I'll post pictures.

I need to paint the header with VHT. The Ring package fits nice and tight., custom rings from 2 different sets, Japan. These heads will flow excellent CFM when I'm done with them. I've ported 8 sets I believe. Stover Engines.

Steel cam case studs and nuts.

7500 RPM target. Hand polished Valve Rockers Japan HLA. New Genuine Subaru oil pump.

Later On 

Edited by Quidam

Can not wait for pics seems like a great project definitely some high goals. But yea seems legit =) My only question is what do you mean you are going to wire the car for twin turbo as well. I am only asking because you said you took some off the deck and that would bump the compression so I got a little  lost High compression, turbo and high revving sounds like a meth injection type of project. Also Titanium Retainers gotta love those!

a question sometimes seen when people say they are about to or have machine loads off decks and heads of belt driven OHC

How do you propose to deal with the slack forced upon the timing belt in the flat, straight run. Sure, the tensioner takes up the slack on the other side of the belt but what about where a belt is a certain fixed spacing in the teeth and you go chop out some of its metal holding cam and crank wheels apart ?

• Like 1

I suppose since we're talking a very very small difference one could slot the 3 bolts on each timing gear and use that to correct it.

a question sometimes seen when people say they are about to or have machine loads off decks and heads of belt driven OHC

How do you propose to deal with the slack forced upon the timing belt in the flat, straight run. Sure, the tensioner takes up the slack on the other side of the belt but what about where a belt is a certain fixed spacing in the teeth and you go chop out some of its metal holding cam and crank wheels apart ?

• Like 1