Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My sons wrx--65,000 miles

The last 3 fill ups it has been difficult to pump the gas quickly...he says it has to be done slow no mater what angle he

plays with the pump nozzle

It just dawned on me that maybe the code I cleared could have something to do with it (cleared it a few days ago)

I don't remember the number but it said something about that it could be the gas cap

How could the 2 things be linked?

We looked at the cap, tightened...code has not come back yet

#2 -  his 6 disc cd player----was working fine

now when trying to play....it just silently switched to radio and spits out the cd

if he has a habit of 'topping-off' the tank, the carbon canister could be flooded.

there are various tubes, solenoids and valves that must be clear/functional to allow air to escape when filling the tank. That escaping air - due to being gas-fume-laden, is supposed to pass through the carbon canister so, any of that system that is clogged with a bad valve or insect nests or mud will prevent the air to pass. You can try unplugging some of the larger tubes around the charcoal canister while filling, when filling becomes easier/normal, you'll know which general area is causing the problem.

the test connectors under the dash will probably cycle the evap solenoids for you - doesn't mean they aren't clogged though. others may know more about that.

expect more CEL codes while doing this trouble-shooting.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan