Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I pulled my engine to change clutch. With the engine re-installed, the fans come on as soon as I hook the battery up. If I turn the key on the fans turn off. I don't hear the fuel pump priming. Gas gauge reads zero but it has gas. Car will not start. When I turn the key off the temp gauge goes to hot and the small red oil light very slowly fades instead of turning off. I changed the water pump, oil pump, and timing set while engine was out. I have zero clue what I have done wrong

Sounds like something electrical is connected backwards.  A WRX has crazy wiring with full redundancy in the wiring for all systems.  Go back and check all your power connections, even at the battery terminals.

Both sensors showing 5 volts, one motor showing 5 volts, one motor showing 0 volts. All showing good grounds

It's broke.  It happens.  If it was me, I'd be looking for a replacement about now unless you feel like disassembling it and fixing it, if possible.

Emily

I pulled the motors, they both work. One side's butterflies were sticking. I got it loosened up a bit. Now I'm throwing p1090, p1092, p1094. Stating stuck open tgv and open circuit. I'm not getting continuity btw tps and tgv