Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Loyale window lift motor

I have this 92 loyale that the driver side electric window is starting to really move slowly into place all the way up.  Have to help pull it up.  I was checking prices and autozone was like 144 dollars for a rebuilt motor.  Are there any newer subaru models whose motors might work?  Anyone got the motor for a better price somewhere else?  Any other options, like is it easy to take apart and change brushes?  Are brushes available for it? Any opinions would help.

Remove the panel and lube all tracks and gears.

Should help.

Sam

hey Sam any ideas on what is the best lube for that.  I was just reading the web, some people said stay away from synthetics since they will eat up plastic components, also said use a silicone based lube but then they said it doesnt last that long and it may freeze in the winter temps (not a problem for Texas where I am at though).  What did you use Sam?

Thanks

I use Amsoil synthetic wheel bearing grease for pretty much anything I need to grease. I have not seen it do anything bad. I don't recall if I greased a window track system or not. I have some that I should though.

• Like 1