Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fair price on 92 Loyale?

Personally its worth what you think its worth, but the market won't give that too you if theres others around that are more appealing price and condition wise..

like my RX 193k on the body, 140k on the motor, new everything, 4wd and turbo, almost perfect checkered interior and i can't get $1k for it.. so i think you might have a problem gettin $750 for yours due to it being 2wd and automatic.. just my opinion..

A year and a half ago I bought my 91 4WD Loyale 5 Speed. It had fairly low mileage - 228,000 - (twohundredtwentyeightthousand) and a fresh red paint job, new clutch and oil pump, immaculate interior. I paid $1200.

None of the other Loyales around at the time seemed to sell. I'm in Roanoke, VA.

Hope that helps!

I always end up paying way too much for cars. Just too gulible I guess. But I paid $3500 for my '92 Loyale wagon with 5 speed and 4 wheel drive, with 131k miles on it. But this thing is about as straight and clean as I found after looking at alot of them. I can find virtually no rust on it(yet) too, and big plus here in rainy washington state. I almost paid $2500 for one with about the same miles on it, but after closer inspection around the rear wheel wells and rocker panels, it was well on it's way to cancer-ville. I looked at 4 others, all in the same price range, and this is the only one I found that I thought was worth the money.

So yeah, i'd say these things are worth what you can get for them. I find the same thing with older Audis too. I have 3 currently, and have paid all over the price range for them.

post-4471-136027593599_thumb.jpg

I find that ebay is another indicator of price. Sometimes a bit low, and sometimes too high, so just throw out statistical anomalies to get a good picture.

Looking at completed auctions, it seems that early 90's Loyales go from about 700 to something like 1300 for nice ones that are 4wd, etc.

I am thinking about putting it on ebay, but I have no idea what it will bring.

Last Sept. I paid $2400 for my 93 Loyale (5spd 4x4) with 103K. The body was in good shape with only one good ding in the rear drivers side door. It did however develope a huge oil leak shortley after I bought it, so I spent a weekend learning

how to reseal the front end and replace the timing belts. Here in the Boise area

88-94 EA82s seem to run a little high, averaging $2600.

Cheers,

Chris