Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Multiple problems after airbag replacement

So, I brought my 05 legacy in for the airbag replacement.

1 day after bringing in it, the CEL turned solid and the cruise control light flashes. The hazard button also doesn't light up and pushing it doesn't activate my hazards. Finally, I had a hardwired iphone connect put in on the secondary market when I first got my car that charged my phone, and played through the radio. Any idea what could cause all 3 problems? I know its going to be a fight with my dealership, they are horrible. 

After reading your post, and following responses, I agree that your problem is most likely caused by the dealer techs on replacing the air bag. As stated they either forgot to plug in electrical connectors they had disconnected when working on the air bags, or they damaged wiring. Either way, you need to go back to the dealer, and tell them your problem, and have them fix it. You have said they are horrible to deal with, if so, and they try to give you a hard time, then tell them you are going to go over their head, and talk to the Subaru district manager to get your problem fixed.

Maybe it is because I am getting old and cranky, but I have learned over a life time not to take it from anyone giving me a hard time. When you know that you did not have these car problems before taking to the dealer, and now you have the problems upon them working on the car, then it is the dealer that has caused the problem. Then be tough, and let them know that, and nicely demand that they fix the problem. Don't take NO for an answer.

If you would like some strategy on how to approach this dealer in expanded detail, I would be happy to give you advise. Just send me a PM.

Rooster2