Ultimate Subaru Message Board

looking for Interior door handle trim cups or way to print

I have a 1984 Subaru GL hatchback EA81. Looking to replace the Interior door handle trim cups . Dozen other parts I would like as well. I saw mention some 3d prints out their, but have not found any related to interior. If you know way to order that part still or if thier is a 3d part please let me know. The current one on the vhc is so deteriorated it would be hard to make up, but if only option its the route I will go and offer to others.

Thanks

Paul

There is a thread I started about this sort of thing.  It should not be too far down the list, as it had recent comments.
I can make a model of an existing part.

I can print one.  Or some, depending on all the variables.

I can't make a model of no part.  Even if a part is broken, I could likely make a model, but enough of it has to be there to interpret what it would have been.

21 minutes ago, DaveT said:

There is a thread I started about this sort of thing.  It should not be too far down the list, as it had recent comments.
I can make a model of an existing part.

I can print one.  Or some, depending on all the variables.

I can't make a model of no part.  Even if a part is broken, I could likely make a model, but enough of it has to be there to interpret what it would have been.

I read that forum and noone seemed to ever post that they gave him one =(. Maybe I should pm the guy and see if he has happened to of gotten one?

You are correct, no one took it to the point of sending me one.

Someone with lights was closer to, but It's a whole extra level of complicated to do lights.  I have clear plastic for the printer, but it's not going to make crystal clear p[prints.  Not sure how well it will work.

For a whole, it seemed like some could be found as new old stock, in colors needed by the seekers.

Unless making these parts gets moderately profitable, I can't invest what it would taker to color match the OEM stuff.  Experimentally making some black ones to prove out how satisfactory they are, I can do.  They could probably be painted by the end user, using the modern paint systems used for repairing modern plastic exterior parts..

12 minutes ago, DaveT said:

You are correct, no one took it to the point of sending me one.

Someone with lights was closer to, but It's a whole extra level of complicated to do lights.  I have clear plastic for the printer, but it's not going to make crystal clear p[prints.  Not sure how well it will work.

For a whole, it seemed like some could be found as new old stock, in colors needed by the seekers.

Unless making these parts gets moderately profitable, I can't invest what it would taker to color match the OEM stuff.  Experimentally making some black ones to prove out how satisfactory they are, I can do.  They could probably be painted by the end user, using the modern paint systems used for repairing modern plastic exterior parts..

Thanks just confirming before I go  to the work of making a model for the Interior door handle trim cups. Its basically half their so figure I can put some time in  to get the parts missing, but before I put that time in I figured I would check if anyone else has done it.