Ultimate Subaru Message Board

84 Gl emissions question

try this:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=62260#post62260

I wrote this for an ea82, but the the procedure is basicly the same. You won't need the aluminum plates for the side burns because the ea81's are differnet where they meet the exaust adaptor. What I do is cut the pipe about 3" off of the block and pinch it shut and thread it back in ot the adaptor. You'll see what I mean when you get under there. Also you won't need vac to the heat selector in a ea81.

PCV from the back of the intake to the drivers side valve cover, vac to the master cylinder, vac from the ported vac port (the left port on the front of the carb as seen from the front) to the dist., and manifold vac to the choke. I think thats about it. I'll try and get a digi cam and snap some picks of my Brat that may help.

Oh ya the Black Sabbath and Old Style are a absolute must, but that goes without saying :headbang::drunk:

This is a good thread. I covered a lot of stuff in here:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14472&page=1&pp=10

Basically, you just need to understand what each of the systems does, and go from there. But then once you understand all the systems, it's no problem to leave them in place. Removing them will not give you any more power - it will simply make your car smell like gas all the time.

GD