Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PVC Valve Plumbing 2010 Forester

PCV stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation.  As in actively ventilating rather than old school "breathers"

Nothing to do with "pollution control" except it keeps oilly mist from spraying out yer engine.

It is to prevent build up of corrosive gasses that build up in oil vapors, then re-condense into acids that attack the rod bearings.

JDM blocks have the same PCV ports as the USDM in general.  Some are altered but all EJ blocks have PCV port eitehr at the intake or on the block near the back right side.

31 minutes ago, FerGloyale said:

PCV stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation.  As in actively ventilating rather than old school "breathers"

Nothing to do with "pollution control" except it keeps oilly mist from spraying out yer engine.

It is to prevent build up of corrosive gasses that build up in oil vapors, then re-condense into acids that attack the rod bearings.

JDM blocks have the same PCV ports as the USDM in general.  Some are altered but all EJ blocks have PCV port eitehr at the intake or on the block near the back right side.

32 minutes ago, FerGloyale said:

Yes Its the same PCV port as usdm ej25, but the hose that comes out of the port has no PCV valve connected to it. 

12 hours ago, steve56 said:

Yes Its the same PCV port as usdm ej25, but the hose that comes out of the port has no PCV valve connected to it. 

remove the one from the forester engine.  Use the entire Forester intake and hose assemblies.  

Just use the JDM longblock, avoid small wiring differences that might be on the JDM intake.

The problem is I don't have the old blocks pcv setup to use as reference. That's why i need  a diagram of the usdm pcv setup, to come  up with a work around. The 2010 jdm engines don't come with pcv setup. They come with a nub coming out of the top of block. I always use the original intake. 

2 hours ago, steve56 said:

The problem is I don't have the old blocks pcv setup to use as reference. That's why i need  a diagram of the usdm pcv setup, to come  up with a work around. The 2010 jdm engines don't come with pcv setup. They come with a nub coming out of the top of block. I always use the original intake. 

that nub most likely IS the PCV.  If it's about 8-10mm.  It should unscrew.  That's where they put them starting about 2005, along with the AVLS heads and pistons.

If it's a bigger port (about 18-20mm, 3/4")  then it is an older style block, and likely has the wrong heads and intake to work in your 2010.

What happened to yer old block and intake? 

You may be screwed if you don't have the correct intake, and certainly screwed if you have an older, NON-avls JDM engine.

On 6/7/2019 at 4:48 PM, steve56 said:

Jdm engines are set up differently than usdm engines. The pcv doesn't screw into the block. Its in the intake manifold. I'm using my usdm intake and heads on the jdm block. 

can you post a pic of the port at the back of the block?