Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Exterior door rubber strip

Can anyone tell me how the rubber bump strips on the exterior of the doors, 1983 Leone, can be removed. I see that there are clips through the door skin so can they just by pulled off or do they need to be remove from the inside of the door? Are they glued as well? 

Thanks in  advance.

Col

The clips are one of those parts getting harder to find, you'll almost certainly break a couple taking the door trim off (the short pieces in particular are hard to access, and hence more likely to break). Yell out if you need a spare and can't find a donor MY in your area.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2019 at 11:43 AM, dfoyl said:

The clips are one of those parts getting harder to find, you'll almost certainly break a couple taking the door trim off (the short pieces in particular are hard to access, and hence more likely to break). Yell out if you need a spare and can't find a donor MY in your area.

Ok like you said two clips broke, not bad considering. There is a wrecked one a couple of hours away but with the fires I will not be able to go and have a look for some time. More worried about the fires and drought than finishing the car at the moment.

Col