Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need to catch up on maintenance on wife's 2000 Forester L.

Need to do LCA bushings as they are shot. Don't have a press right now, but not opposed to buying one. Any tips advice on brands, completing the task, etc.

Also, need to do struts at the same time. Suggestions or tips on completing that efficiently.

I'll be by myself in my garage doing it all. 

some folks like the Mevotech 'loaded' replacement arms - some of those folks might put an OEM ball joint on it in place of the M'tech one.

KYB is the go-to on struts. I strongly suggest new strut mounts as you bearings are likely dry and crunchy at 19 years old.

you might check youtube for videos. Some folks borrow McPherson strut spring compressors from the parts store and DIY the whole process. Others take their assemblies and new parts to a shop and pay them to swap over.

2 main 'gotchas'; the 'spacer'/conical washer at the top must present its narrow side UP. And, the springs and top spring perch are oriented 'out' , towards the fender so keep an eye on that or mark them before disassembly.

• Like 2