Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 lift

Uberoo

I picked up a 90 automatic loyale wagon that I will be swapping in an ej22+5 speed (much sooner than I wanted too), anyway I plan on making a 4/3" lift kit for it with 1" suspension lift.So 4" on the front strut towers and 3" on the crossmember.Out back I will use FWD rear struts with accord springs+ a small spacer lift to get the required height then I will build a new mustache bar to keep the axles happy.

I haven't had a lifted subaru in a while so I have forgotten some things so here we go:

1) What angle on the strut tops do I need to keep the camber in check?

2) Is there a steering shaft that will work with a 3" crossmember drop on an ea82?

3)can I use ANY FWD EA82 rear struts or does it have to be off a wagon/sedan/coupe/etc?

4) Accord springs should be off the rear? of an XX-XX honda accord right?What year range and options should I be looking for?

4) accord springs should be off the FRONT of an 86-89 Honda accordian. FIXED.

1) I think the strut tower is at 18* on ea82's and 14* on EA81.Stock camber range is 1-3* positive.So if I call that 2* positive I can offset the top of the strut *inward* 5/32"  which should give me better grip.Or atleast better camber so the ej22 doesnt just spin the front tires into oblivion in FWD. 

Edited by Uberoo

How much lift would tend to work best for a camping/overlaning type setup?The fenders on this 91 loyale are already destroyed from rust(it lived up near Canada where the roads were salted), so I was thinking of just a 1"-2" lift on the struts and leave the engine/transmission and rear diff tucked up high and cut/bash until 235/75/15s fit.I'm curious what lift on the front is a good balance of ground clearance to strength?On my hatch in my signature I ran about 1" suspension lift in the front and no suspension lift in the rear because anything more than that and it ate CV axles with the EJ22+nissan transfercase+4.11 gears, but it also went over/through rougher terrain than I would want to take the loyale through.

for the rear struts ive found nissan 300zx front struts fit the rear of the loyale perfictly there the same size as the front wheel drive loyale rear struts but have a much larger shaft than stock struts and you get a half inch more wheel traval as there longer than the stock struts and the damining is way better the springs dont fit though you have to use honda springs or stock springs

the lift blocks are somewere between 15° and 18° depending on your rig my loyale likes 18° but its so bent up now it almost dosent mater

i couldent clear 235/75/15s on a 2" lift i went 4" with tempo springs front and the nissan struts on the rear with stock springs and a 2" lift for around 3" of tottal lift on the loyale to clear 30" tires

i found some dirt cheap maxxis tires in the 28" range but there for 16" rims but damb they handle 80mph on dirt like there on pavement and handel sand snow ice and pavement great and do ok in the mud too but there not mud tires

8IjAR6U.png

just incase your looking for tires

Edited by ferp420