Ultimate Subaru Message Board

abs light on after brake fluid leak

i had a banjo bolt washer start leaking so took it off cleaned it up and re assembled only to find i made it worst so i replaced the 2 copper gaskets and fixed the brake fluid leak and bleed the brakes again. pedal is nice and firm feels great but now after fixing the leak the abs light comes on immediately after starting. it flashes off for a small half second them comes back on. what could have happened how can i check the abs codes on the 2001 outback?

I think the newer 2001 has the sensor inside the hub.  The tone ring is on the end of the half shaft so you shouldn't have damaged it.  You may have snagged the harness coming down the strut.  I'd start there.

5 hours ago, lmdew said:

I think the newer 2001 has the sensor inside the hub.  The tone ring is on the end of the half shaft so you shouldn't have damaged it.  You may have snagged the harness coming down the strut.  I'd start there.

i would think if the sensor was dirty the light wouldn't come on until i start moving in this case it comes on prety much instantly once started. i looked under the car and the abs sensor wire is still in tact and does not appear ripped or torn.

i figured out how to pull the codes. im guessing it was coincidence the issue happened when it did. im getting 24 26 and 56 for my codes.  FL RR and Wrong control module used or faulty G Sensor im guessing a wire broke somewhere? was front left that was leaking

Edited by sirtokesalot

i found the fault. it was a screw that had went through the wiring harness behind the passenger headlight when i mounted the ballast for the hid's not sure why it dident trigger a code sooner but after working through everything ive done recently i found the issue

• Like 2