Ultimate Subaru Message Board

looking for a brat:

Hello folks,

I am new to this forum but not to Subarus. I have driven them since 1986 -

an '84 GL wagon (the wood wagon, rusting away in the back 40 but still good for parts) an '88 GL wagon and now a '98 Legacy GT wagon. I am looking for a Gen 2 Brat, 82-87 in reasonable mechanical shape and a minimum of body rust and NO frame rust. This may be unreasonable as I live in the Pacific Northwest but it is worth a try. I would prefer it from the West Coast area. Any and all leads would be appreciated.

Thanks kindly,

Richard

ok dude...

you got a problem... you want a brat and Canada doesn't have any... i have seen 1 gen2 brat... it was grey... by the way... does anybody know who owns it???

there is a gen1 rust 81 brat on buysell... do a search... that is the best your going to get... i got my brat from oregen... ask John(mudrat79)... he get mine for me and brought it half way up... but there is a big problem with bringing up cars from the US. they have to pass vihicle inspection... its hard... 1 third of cars on the road won't pass... let alone old cars... new cars fail...

i'm still working on my car... but if you do buy a brat you gotta get it from the US... think John has a few rust free Californian brats... that was about a month ago...

give him a call... sorry i don't have the # right here with me buy if you do a search on mudrat79 you will see the # in his sig...

good luck!

Richard, I have a 84 Brat in central WA state i'm considering selling. Bone stock, zero rust, minor body damage on drivers side front corner. I have just about collected all the needed parts to repair the damage and will start repairs soon. This Brat runs very strong and is in great shape. T-tops, 4-wheel drive, and the back seats are complete and undamaged.

Call my cell phone @ 509 961 8715.

Ken

Just a comment about "no-rust-heaven" in the Pacific Northwest.... This really applies only to Oregon/Washington.

dominical1 posted from BC -- they salt the roads there. We all know what that does to old Subs. Too bad, it's the only reason I don't go up there every weekend in the winter :-\

-- Mark